All it takes is one impaired driving charge to change your life forever. You could be arrested, lose your driver’s licence, lose your job, face "high-risk driver" insurance increases and possibly face imprisonment.
Penalties for Impaired Driving in AlbertaThe minimum penalty for a first offence is:
- 1 year driving prohibition
- A fine of no less than $1000.00
- Participation in the "Planning Ahead" counselling program, at your own cost
- Installation of an Ignition Interlock System / alcohol screening device in your vehicle for one year.
- Criminal Record
- Drivers licence suspension for three years (if the previous conviction was within 10 years)
- Mandatory minimum jail term of 30 days
- Participation in the "Impact" counselling program, at your own cost
- Installation of an Ignition Interlock System / alcohol screening device in your vehicle for three years, at your own cost.
X-Copper fights impaired driving charges.
X-Copper employs criminal defence lawyers, paralegals and former police officers. Our team of experienced legal professionals have successfully represented thousands of clients for drinking and driving related charges, as well as many other criminal offences.