According to Alberta law, anyone involved in an accident must remain at, or return immediately to the scene, and render all possible assistance.
You are also required to provide any person(s) involved with the following information:
- Name and address
- Driver's Licence number and jurisdiction
- The vehicle's insurer and policy number
- the name and address of the registered owner of the vehicle
- permit number
If you refuse to provide this information, this could result in additional serious charges. Failing to remain is considered to be extremely serious, and the penalties reflect that:
- Seven demerit points
- Possible suspension of your driver's licence
- Possible jail time
- A failing to remain at the scene conviction will stay on your driver's abstract for 3 years.
If you are able to find a company to insure you again, your premiums could be thousands of dollars more per year.
Don’t risk your driving record, let our team of ex-cops, licenced paralegals and lawyers help you!